MoCoGenSo sponsors ongoing projects that support our goals of making information of genealogical interest available to our membership and to the public.
- Cemetery Project – Our goal is to document all of the 38 cemeteries in Monterey County by compiling names, dates and locations of those buried.
- Newspaper Project – Work has been completed to abstract all names from microfilm copies of The Salinas City Index newspaper (1873-1882). See our Publications page to order.
- 50/50 Project – The Society shares the cost of research materials recommended by our members while enriching our FHC library collection.(See our 50/50 page).
- Monterey County Birth transcriptions – Volumes 1-4 have been completed (1857-1918). See our Publications page to order.
- Monterey County Death transcriptions – Work has been completed on the first three volumes of the Monterey County Death Index. See our Publications page to order.
I am a reference librarian for the City of Salinas and am curious about your projects and if you need some help indexing projects. I am semi-retired and have more time to devote to volunteer work. Please contact me and I would be happy to meet with you at the Family History Center.
Thank you. Elizabeth Roberts